09 632 1138 info@iwh.co.nz
Planning your OE?  Welcome to International Working Holidays

Your Guide to Applying for your Canadian Working Holiday Program Visa from NZ

We have put this guide together exclusively for our International Working Holiday Canada Program participants. If you are not one of participants please contact your local Canadian Embassy for the process you need to follow. 

These instructions will not apply.

Step 1 – Triple check your admissibility for a Working Holiday Permit 

Step 2 –  If you have a criminal or traffic conviction in any country, or if you have a current charge pending for a criminal or traffic offence in any country, please download the Guide to see if you are eligible to apply for the WHP. 

Step 3 –  Prepare your application documents and apply for Stage 1 which is the first step of two.

Preparing your Canadian Working Holiday Visa Application

To apply for the Working Holiday Program (WHP) each applicant is required to submit the following:

  • Application Form – then carefully complete all sections of the IEC application form 
  • Program Participation Fee - send proof you have paid the current fee in the correct format 
  • Attach a clear photocopy of the information page of your New Zealand passport, ensuring the photo and signature are visible. Please ensure your passport is signed before photocopying it. Do not send your actual passport. 
Please note: Your passport must be valid for the entire period of your intended stay in Canada. If your passport has a validity of less than 24 months when you submit your application for the WHP, you must state on the photocopy of your passport that you intend to leave Canada before the expiry of your passport, and sign the photocopy to confirm this.

Stage 2 of the canadian Working holiday Visa

Once you receive your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL) you must quickly complete Step 2. 

  • Complete & Submit the MyCIC application online using the link on your IEC Conditional Acceptance letter.
  • Follow the online instructions and read everything carefully.
  • You will need a criminal and security check (police certificate) if you are heading to Canada as a: live-in caregiver, tourist, student or temporary worker. To find out how - please follow this link to the Canadian Site.
  • Fill in the Police Check form and attach photo ID and return that to the Canadian High Commission with any other documents.
  • If your application for a work permit is approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction from CIC, which you need to carry with you when travelling to Canada.

Please check your application thoroughly before sending it in. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be returned to you unprocessed.

You can send your application package by mail to the High Commission of Canada in New Zealand

High Commission of Canada
PO Box 8047
Wellington 6143
New Zealand

Please note: The High Commission of Canada in New Zealand does not take any responsibility for lost or misdirected mail. They strongly recommend that applicants use more secure means, such as a courier, to send in their application packages.  They ask that your application is not folded as creases in the paper can cause problems with the scanners and can delay processing. Courier items are deliverable to this PO Box.

basic jobs.jpg
We'll find you the perfect job overseas.
Copyright © International Working Holidays. All rights reserved
International Working Holidays™, International Working Holidays Logo, Nannies Abroad™ and Nannies Abroad Logo are trademarks of Nannies Abroad Limited.